MED MD reports that one million Americans have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS) and that tens of millions have chronic fatigue but do not officially fulfill the criteria to be called CFS. For that elegant diagnosis, one has to have a wide variety of symptoms including poor memory and concentration, increased fatigue with minimal physical or mental exertion, muscle and joint pain, headaches, fatigue after sleep which was not refreshing, sore throat and tender lymph nodes.
Except for that latter finding, there is little difference between Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Fibromyalgia. Of course, I put both these problems in what I have called Electromagnetic Dysthymia. So, assuming you do not have multiple symptoms and any other known illness, such as depression, diabetes, infections, etc, and a good physician evaluation has found no known disease, what do you do just to enhance energy?
I have written about many of these alternative energizers but I want to make you aware that there is some scientific evidence for physical and mental energy enhancement from all of the following:
- NAC-N-Acetyl Cysteine
- Panax Ginseng
- Cognitol – Celastrus paniculatus
- Vitamin B 12 in large dosages
- Caffeine-but beware of excess and energy swings as well as insomnia
- Sugar-but beware of big swings!
- Oat straw extract
- Kiwi fruit, oranges, apples, grapes
- Orange lens glasses
- Progressive physical exercise
- A hot soak or shower followed by a cold shower
- The Liss Cranial Electrical Stimulator
- Dancing and energizing music
- Fo-Ti, Shou wu chi, or polygonum multiflorum – beware of possible liver toxicity in some preparations
How do you choose? Intuition, kinesiology, personal trials.
C. Norman Shealy, M.D., Ph.D. is the father of holistic medicine and co-founder of the Shealy-Sorin Wellness Institute. Call today to schedule your appointment to begin your holistic energy enhancement journey. +1 417-467-2124