THE U.S. MEDICAL FIASCO
In the JAMA, Nov.30, 2013, vol. 30, # 18, p. 1947-1981, an extensive of Medical Expenses from 1980 to 2011 revealed that:
- 15.7% of all the workforce are employed
- Cost $2.7 Trillion dollars per year now, doubling from 8.95% of GDP to 17.9% of GDP since 1980
- Overall costs increased well over3% per year, GREATER THAN ANY OTHER INDUSTRY
- Government funding INCREASED FROM 31.1% TO 42.3%
- Hospital charges increased 4.2% per year
- Professional services increased 3.2% per year
- Drugs and devices increased 4% per year
- Administrative costs INCREASED 5.6% PER YEAR (DUE TO GOVERNMENT AND INSURER CRAP!)
- Personal out of pocked costs decreased from 23% to 11%
- Chronic diseases accounted for 84% of the costs AT ALL AGES!
Despite these costs well above those of any other country:
- Life expectancy at birth and survival with many diseases TRAIL ALL PEER COUNTRIES!!!
- Consolidation-fewer hospitals and more SINGLE specialty hospitals
- FINNCIAL CONCENTRATION—I.E., greed AMONG INSURERS, PHARMACIES, BENEFIT MANAGERS AND “HEALTH SYSTEMS”.
And now even more “CONSOLIDATION” WITH OBUMACARE!!!!!