PROTEINS – THE FOUNDATION OF LIFE
Although not an ideal diet, proteins are the most essential of all foods. You cannot make DNA without them! You can make carbohydrates and fats from them, and of course most protein foods also contain some fat. In order of quality, the following is a good start:
- Cheese, especially goat cheese
- Beef, venison, rabbit, buffalo, etc.
- Yeast, especially saccromyces cervicae
- Chia seeds – no taurine
- Legumes – the critical missing amino acid is taurine!
- Nuts – no taurine
- Seeds – no taurine
As I have indicated in earlier newsletters, you should eat each day:
- One super salad
- Two other veggie vegetables
- Two fruits
- One or two servings of the good starches, not essential, but OK
- One serving of the first 6 highest quality proteins, AT LEAST 3 or 4 times each week – essential for B 12
- Up to one serving of the lower 4 high protein foods, especially any day without the higher quality ones. If you skip the top 6, you should add yeast on these days!
Added fats, up to two tablespoons daily, especially with no starch meals:
- Olive oil
- Coconut oil
Condiments and herbs:
Scores of these marvelous taste treats, most of which are loaded with antioxidants and great minerals. My favorites:
- Pimenton – smoked Spanish paprika
- Onions and garlic may be eaten as a serving of vegetables or used as seasonings
Obviously, various seaweed products can be used, if you like them.
With this as a guide for nutrition, there is no need for desserts. However, if you are not overweight and are otherwise healthy, then a dessert treat once a week is fine