Subscribe to Newsletter : Events with Norm : Newsletter Archive : Homepage
The Modern (NEW) Obscenity ©
C. Norman Shealy, M.D., Ph.D.
a SMALL revision of an e-news in 2oo8
As I see the problems of the world, in order of seriousness:
- Radical Islam-for 1300 years the major terrorists of the world
- Nuclear energy and contamination
- Chemical pollution
- Conversion of food to alcohol for fuel
- Greed-corporate immorality—our food, energy, and drug industries in particular
- Failure to take personal responsibility for one’s own needs and health (Only 3% of Americans have the 4 essential basic health habits-no smoking, BMI 18 to 24, eating 5 servings of fruits/vegetables daily, 30 minutes of exercise 5 days a week)
I see no significant political movement to address any of these issues and frankly I do not even know where to start with the top six. There is a place to start with the seventh—it is with you, my readers!
I asked the question some months ago: How many of you have all four of these habits?
I received a few answers and most had 2 or 3 but not 4.
So, the question is:
What would it take to motivate you to take responsibility for optimizing your health?
- I think that few of my readers smoke-great! But if you do, what would it take for you to use your most important function-WILL POWER- just to quit?
- If your Body Mass Index is over 24, what would it take for you to take responsibility for optimizing your weight? Would you give up junk food, useless carbs, take up exercise or???
- If you do not eat at lest 5 servings of fruits or veggies daily, what would it take. Would you take Mistica (see my newsletter in archives) or core greens (newsletter in archives) or???
- If you do not exercise at least 30 minutes 5 days a week, what would it take to motivate you to MOVE???
Nothing is more important than these 4 habits. Every thought is a prayer. To what are you praying that prevents you from taking care of your physical temple? “The New Obscenity” according to Professor Wilcox, a professor of Jurisprudence at Florida State University, is “I can’t help myself.” A vast majority of people, who lose weight, quit smoking, alcohol or using drugs, do it with will power. Most of the programs for treating all these problems are notoriously unsuccessful. You have the potential for accomplishing all your personal health needs-mobilize your WILL POWER!