The mRIDGE Project aims to help disadvantaged children integrate into the education system by providing digitally enhanced learning using mobile devices.
Over two years from 11/1/2015 to 10/30/2017, it will help children overcome what restricts their ability for adequate education. Specific disadvantages arising from Ethno-cultural characteristics, specific needs, and socioeconomic status will be worked with to achieve improved engagement, retention and learning gains.
Design of Key Scenarios Includes
– Enhancing of interactivity in teaching of Roma children using mobile devices
– Training of learners with hearing disabilities, supported by mobile devices
– Use of mobile technology to expand training opportunities of people with musculoskeletal disorders
– Use of mobile devices for distance learning of unemployed
Additional Objectives Include:
– Analysis of user needs in different contexts and existing curriculum in Bulgaria and Romania
– Design of Mobile Digital Resources (MDR) Model to support the didactic features of mobile technologies to adapt them to the training conditions of disadvantaged groups of people
– Development and adaptation of mobile applications and digital educational resources
– Improvement of the present policy measure and good practices, and deveopment of new policies and practices in the fields of disadvantaged groups and Roma young people education at the EU member states
The work on the project will lead to the development adaptation of training modules, improvement of qualification of teachers dealing with students at risk, new teaching methods with the use of mobile technologies and devices, and generally will have an impact on the socio-economic inclusion of disadvantaged groups.
Contact: Prof. Nevena Mileva
This project has been funded with support from the European Commission. The materials reflect the views only of the authors and the Commission and Dr. Shealy cannot be responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.
Co-funded by the Erasmus+Programme of the European Union.