[av_textblock size=” font_color=” color=” av-medium-font-size=” av-small-font-size=” av-mini-font-size=” av_uid=’av-kbky3d6x’ admin_preview_bg=”]
Cholesterol is absolutely essential for:
- Brain structure and function
- Every cell membrane
- All nerve function
- Many hormones: pregnenelone, androstenedione, DHEA, estrogen, progesterone, aldosterone, cortisol, testosterone
- Ultimately for immune health & energy
- Ability to make vitamin D when exposed to sun!
Deficiency of cholesterol in utero leads to
- Pyloric stenosis
- Mental retardation
- Failure to thrive
- Poor vision
- Weak immune system-increased infections
- Physical defects in many organs
- Digestive problems
And throughout life, cholesterol dysfunction, ultimately due to excess stress, leads to:
- Sexual dysfunction
- Mental fog
- Bile problems, stones, etc.
- Immune problems
Interestingly, stress raises cholesterol levels in blood but also raises fasting insulin levels, blood sugar and ultimately burns out the adrenals.
A total cholesterol below 150 can be harmful, especially to brain function and immune system. Of course, almost the only “cause” of too low cholesterol is the poisonous statin drugs – which I would not take for a trillion dollars!!
The best natural ways to lower cholesterol to ideal levels—160 to 190:
- Timed release niacin, 500 mg each meal
- Beta Sitosterol, 400 mg each meal
- Autogenic Training, Basic Schultz CD
- Physical exercise
- Lecithin granules, 2 heaping tablespoons twice daily
- Lots of fruits and veggies
- Keep Body Mass Index 18 to 24
- Drink plenty of water
- Sleep 8 hours each night