Every year we have another alarm about the next epidemic – Bird flu, rabies, polio, smallpox, West Nile/California, etc encephalitis, the annual flu, meningitis, etc, etc.
WHAT TO DO?
There is a limit to precautions and worry. The simplest and safest way to keep healthy is to have a happy, positive attitude.
- Laugh a lot.
- Enjoy life.
- Avoid the VAST majority of TV and news.
- Listen to great music.
- Exercise a lot—a minimum of an hour a day, preferably outside.
- Be outside at least an hour a day
- Relax at least 20 minutes each day.
- Sleep 8 hours each night.
- Eat a wide variety of real food-lots of fresh fruits and vegetables; adequate protein, especially Alaska fish
- Avoid fast foods, junk food, pop
- Minimize coffee
- Take a good multivitamin/mineral, such as my Essentials
- Use magnesium lotion daily
- Take a hot soak with magnesium chloride salts frequently
- Do at least Basic Schultz/Autogenic training daily
- Use the RelaxMate II
- Wash your hands thoroughly and often
- Drink at least two quarts of pure water daily
- Keep your DHEA healthy, with the 4 natural restoration techniques
- Do the 90 DAYS TO STRESS-FREE LIVING program
- During viral epidemics, consider ramantadine, 100 mg daily
- When you are under extra stress or exposure, add
- Glucan, 2 tablespoons daily
- Co Q 10, 400 mg, daily
- Omega 3 fatty acids, 6 grams daily
- Castor oil packs to the abdomen
- Maxogenol, 4 daily
- Thymuril (thymus extract), 4 daily
- Vitamin D 3, 2000 units daily
- My YOUTH FORMULA, 4 twice a day
Above all, stay positive, happy, and active. Every Thought is a Prayer!! Think positively, Act positively, Eat positively. Be at peace with yourself and the world. You cannot afford the luxury of anger, worry, depression, and/or anxiety.
Updated for Fall, 2006: Please see Dr. Shealy’s Youthful Aging Health Newsletter entitled, ”SILVER FOR HEALTH”
C. Norman Shealy, M.D., Ph.D. is the father of holistic medicine. Register to receive his book 90 Days To Self-Health free.