Autogenic Training to Improve Conscientiousness
C. Norman Shealy, M.D., Ph.D.
Autogenic Training, introduced in 1912, has had more published proof of efficacy than any other known technic, 2600 references as of 1969. In my own experience :
- In the late 70’s I taught it to the football team at the University of Wisconsin, LaCrosse. They had been at the bottom of their league the year before. That season they were C0-Champions
- The girls’ basketball team at the same university used a specific autogenic tape and guided imagery tape I made. Half of the team just practiced; the other half used the self-regulation tape. The girls who used the AT tape were 80% more successful at free throws than those who did not
- In a recent study of the effectiveness of an herbal preparation on hypertension, 30% of the patient failed to improve with the herb. Autogenic training brought the blood pressure of 12 of the 14 patients down to normal within 10 minutes and continued to improve the BP at follow-ups.
- One of our doctoral students used my CD of Autogenic Training to help caregivers of terminally ill patients reduce their stress and symptoms at a highly statistically significant level
- Another of our doctoral students used the CD of AT to reduce symptoms significantly in patients with fibromyalgia, one of the most difficult of all pain problems
- AT has been highly successful in helping students improve academically, in improving a variety of athletic skills, in helping business specialists improve performance. AT is highly successful in helping patients with anxiety, depression and migraine-all disorders in which oxytocin is low.
Ideally all children should start AT not later than age 5!
Norman Shealy, M.D., Ph.D. is the father of holistic medicine. He recommends autogenic focus (the basis of the Biogenics System) as part of your overall commitment to self-health. Register to download your FREE autogenic focus MP3 now.