C. Norman Shealy, M.D., Ph.D.
Is anxiety or depression more common? It is indeed a toss-up. Both are reactions to FEAR of:
- Loss of health, financial security, or love
- The great unknown-Existence itself! God, purpose, WHY?
Anxiety is a more acceptable term than fear.
Physiologically, the automatic reaction is Alarm—the sympathetic automatic nervous system fight or flight system. Epinephrine goes up, cortisone goes up, blood sugar goes up, muscles tense, breathing speeds up, blood anxiety.
Beyond the basics, the best approach is:
- Autogenic Training-my Basic Schultz CD works better in the long run than any other single approach-at least 80% well in those who will do it.
- Physical exercise-30 minutes of exercise is as effective as a benzodiazepine. Regular exercise does wonders for everyone.
- Air Bliss
- Hypnosis by a competent hypnotherapist
- Emotional Freedom Technique
- Quantum Touch, Reiki, Therapeutic Touch, etc.
- Calming music
- The Shealy RelaxMate
- Hot tubs, etc.
In other words, inducing the RELAXATION RESPONSE!
Norman Shealy, M.D., Ph.D. is the father of holistic medicine. He recommends autogenic focus (the basis of the Biogenics System) as part of your overall commitment to self-health. Register to download your FREE autogenic focus MP3 now.