Our founding fathers claimed we have a right to the PURSUIT of Happiness. Indeed, I would maintain that life is the pursuit of happiness.
However, clinical medicine reports that 20% of Americans are taking antidepressant drugs at any given time and that at least another 20% ‘need’ antidepressants.
Although psychiatrists have a variety of categories for depression, I see unhappiness as ranging from slight to severe, with anxiety as minor or major components of sadness/depression. Variations include manic behavior and obsessive-compulsive disorder.
Mood altering drugs represent at least 25% of the total pharmaceutical costs in the U.S., or over 75 billion dollars each year just for prescription mood drugs.
Interestingly, antianxiety drugs mostly block the personality and convert anxiety to depression. And the BEST antidepressant is effective in just 42% of individuals (that is 7% better than placebo) with at least a 25% complication rate! Over three times as many complications as benefits! A long run for a short slide!
The complications, called ‘side-effects’ by the PharmacoMafia, range from damage to liver, kidneys, heart, and blood manufacturing capacity to death. The increased incidence of suicide in children treated with these dangerous drugs is well-publicized; but there is also an increased risk of suicide in adults, a risk even greater than the risk without these drugs.
Of course, the over the counter mood drugs — tobacco and alcohol — add even more to the psychosocial and economic damage of mood-altering drugs. And the significant use of illegal street drugs suggests that, overall, the majority of Americans are not happy! Interestingly, scientific reports from every country suggest that the same is true virtually everywhere.
There is a safe alternative to treat depression and anxiety — The Shealy Protocol
For over 30 years I have had 85% good results in the treatment of over 30,000 patients with depression and often-concomitant anxiety, with NO complications.
The treatment is simple, safe and cost-effective:
- A Liss Stimulator, used across the temples each morning for 40 to 60 minutes. Using nothing but this, at least 50% of depressed patients recover. This totally safe device is so safe you could drive your car while wearing it. It normalizes serotonin production and significantly raises beta-endorphin, the natural feel-good neurochemical.
- The Shealy RelaxMate II is by far the best, and easiest way to relax. It provides the antidote to stress and anxiety. It provides a flashing light at the frequency that induces relaxation.
- 90 DAYS TO STRESS-FREE LIVING, a book written by me for treatment of anxiety and depression, provides the best way I know to do self-therapy. Ultimately you learn how to deal with all your unfinished emotional distress.
- Magnesium replacement — 100% of chronically depressed individuals are deficient in magnesium. It is best replaced with my Magnesium Lotion. Within 4 weeks you can restore intracellular levels as well as 10 shots of magnesium IV.
- Adequate protein — all depressed patients are deficient in one of the essential amino acids. This is best accomplished with meat broth, prepared by cooking overnight in a slow-cooker, 8 oz of any meat with 2 tbl vinegar, salt and seasonings to taste, in one quart of water. Drink at least 2 cups per day for the first month, then one cup daily.
- B-Complex — 100 mg daily, best in my Essentials formula.
- Lithium orotate — 15 to 45 mg per day
- A small percentage of patients need Tryptophan, 2000 mg at bedtime.
The Shealy Protocol is available as a certificate training program for all M.D.’s, D.O.’s, Nurse Practitioners, or allied health professionals sent by physicians who wish to learn and use this approach. The program to treat depression and anxiety is also offered to patients in Springfield, Missouri. 417-467-2124.
C. Norman Shealy, M.D., Ph.D. is the father of holistic medicine. He recommends autogenic focus (the basis of the Biogenics System) as part of your commitment to self-health and relieving both depression and anxiety. Register to download your FREE autogenic focus MP3 now.