Chronic fatigue is just one of many symptoms of “Adrenal Burnout”. This common problem begins in many people by age 30, with decreasing ability of the adrenal glands to keep up with the excess stress of “modern” society”:
Lack of sleep, a poor diet, food or drink stimulants, positions of powerlessness, perfectionism, remaining in no-win situations, inadequate R & R. Major illnesses/accidents, mental/emotional crises, grief, and major financial crises are also contributors.
The poor diet contribution is actually the typical American diet! Processed, pre-prepared and “fast” foods are generally all junk! Use NO hydrogenated fats, deep fried foods, white flour or sugar!! A good diet includes a meal within an hour of awakening!
Eat a wide variety of REAL food, minimal or no grains and No wheat! 80% OF YOUR FOOD should be VEGGIES, FRUITS, NUTS AND SEEDS, 10 to 20% animal PROTEIN. One or two cups of coffee or tea. NO POP. NO sugar.
The single test needed to be sure of adrenal fatigue is DHEA, free dehydroepiandrosterone, most accurately measured Nichols Lab in Capistrano, California. HEALTHY levels in men are 750 to 1250 ng/dl or 550 to 980 ng/dl in women! All other labs are a waste of money, time and blood. DHEA-S or sulfate is NOT reliable!!
To restore your body’s ability to make its own DHEA:
- Youth Formula, containing 2 grams vitamin C, one gram, methyl sufonyl sulphate, 60 mcg molybdenum, 3 mg bet1-3 glucan
- Fire Bliss on the Ring of Fire twice daily for 6 weeks and then once daily
- Magnesium Lotion 2 tsp. twice daily
- Natural progesterone, 60 mg daily in women and Adam’s Prostate Care in men
- A good multi such as my Essentials
- Tocotrienols, Kyani Sunset 3 daily
- Pantothenic acid, 1500 mg daily
- D 3, 50,000 units once a week
- Vitamin K 2, 15 mg daily
- Ashwagandha-500 mg, three daily
- Ginseng, up to 1 gram daily
- Ginger root, up to 1500 mg of capsules or as a tea of fresh root
- Ginkgo biloba, up to 1000 mg daily
- Adrenal cell extracts-essentially dried adrenal gland from Standard Process, 4 daily
- Autogenic Training (My CD Basic Schultz), twice daily
- Use of the Shealy RelaxMate 20 minutes while doing Autogenic Training and one hour as you fall asleep at night.
- Progressive physical exercise!! Start with one minute of bouncing ever couple of hours and build up to 3 minutes 10 times daily. See Bouncing with Dr. Shealy on You Tube. When you get to 30 minutes, you are ready to take on slowly a more active exercise program. My all-time favorite assistant is the Health Rider®, gradually adding increasing weight on the bar under the seat. HealthRider® Tony Little Hybrid Trainer
· If this approach does not yield major improvement in 4 weeks, then you need to add the Liss Cranial Electrial Stimulator (now Fisher-Wallace) an hour every morning.