Curriculum Vitae Sergey
Sergey Sorin, MD, DABFM
- Experience in a leadership and enterprise since 2007
- Emergency Medicine Physician since 2006
- Holistic and Wellness experience since 2007
- International Institute of Holistic Medicine | CEO/Medical Director | 04/2016 – Present
- Shealy-Sorin Wellness | Vice President | 04/2016 – Present
- Samvit Wellness, LLC | Co-founder/CEO | 01/2013 – Present
- Power Principles, LLC | Founder & CEO | 04/2008 – 06/2014
- Delphi/Work Fit Group | Medical Director/MD | 03/2011 – 03/2012
- Physician Weight Loss/Wellness | Founder & CEO 07/2006 – 02/2007
- Tai-State Bariatrics | Medical Director/MD | 09/2006 – 09/2007
- Parkland Health Center – Farmington, MO | Locum Tenens Physician | 12/2016 – Present
- Parkland Health Center – Bonne Terre, MO | Locum Tenens Physician | 12/2016 – Present
- Boone Hospital – Columbia, MO | Locum Tenens Physician | 12/2016 – Present
- Christian Hospital – Florissant, MO | Locum Tenens Physician | 12/2016 – Present
- Iron County Medical – Pilot Knob, MO | Locum Tenens Physician | 11/2016 – Present
- Prior Locum Tenens, and other clinical work from 2004 | 06/2004 – Present
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Board Certification – Family Practice | 07/2004 – Present
- DEA Registration | 07/2004 – Present
- MO State License: #2016009177 Active
- AHA Instructor Status in BLS, ACLS and PALS | Certified in BLS, ACLS, PALS, and ATLS | 01/2013-12/2014
- Stony Brook University; Stony Brook, NY | 06/2001 – 06/2004
- Advanced Certificate in Health Care Management
SUNY Brooklyn School of Medicine; Brooklyn, NY | 06/1996 – 06/2000
- Medical Degree – MD
CUNY Brooklyn College; Brooklyn, NY | 06/1991 – 06/1996
- Bachelor’s Degree – Chemistry
- Stony Brook medical center, Long Island, NY | 06/2001 – 06/2004
- Family Medicine Residency
University of Massachusetts, Worchester, Massachusetts | 07/2000 – 05/2001
- Emergency Medicine Residency – PGY1
- Brooklyn College Dean’s Honor List – 1994 & 1995
- Kalberman Chemistry Excellence Award – 1995
- Golden Key National Honor Society – 1994
- Green County Medical Society – 2016 – Present
- Monroe County Medical Society – 2015 – 2016
- International Science of Mind Church for Spiritual Healing – Board Member/Secretary
- TMI-Monroe Institute Board of Advisors – Board Member/Professional Division Member TMI-Institutional Review Board for Research, since 2014
- Board of Advisors: My Life, My Power, since 2018
- Volunteer – Montfort House – Adolescent Center; Long Island, NY – 2002 – 2004
- Volunteer – Medical Mission to Honduras – 03/2003
- English-Russian Interpreter; Coney Island Hospital Emergency Room – 06/1995 – 06/1996
- Application in Healthcare Management
- Bariatric (Weight Loss) Medicine
- Sound and Vibrational Medicine
- Holistic and Integrative modalities since 2007
- Fluent in English, Russian, and functional Spanish
- Emergency Medicine and Family Medicine
- 3rd Degree Reiki Energy Healing-Master and Teacher
- Tiwehkt – Medicine Man, Native American Church of Nemenhah
PUBLICATIONS AND RESEARCH
- 30 Days to Self Health, Balboa Press 2018 (Co-Authored with Dr. Norm Shealy).
- The Power Principle Series of books on weight loss and wellness www.DrSergeySorin.com
- The Power Principle: Mind-Body-Spirit Approach to Ultimate Weight Loss by Sergey Sorin, 07/2008
- Are You Really Healthy? (The Power Principle) by Sergey Sorin, December 2012.
- Articles on nutrition, health and wellness for NYTOA (New York Tactical Officer’s Association),
- Newspapers and Media, Green County Medical Society, Peer Reviewed Scientific Journals (available on request)
Peer Reviewed Publications and Articles:
- Brian Daily MD FACEP, FACFE, Sergey Sorin MD, DABFM and Allyn Evans, MBA: Sound Medicine: Using State-Of-The Art technology to facilitate deep relaxation, sleep and pain management. IJHC (International Journal of Healing and Caring) September 1, 2015.
- Sergey Sorin MD, Brian Daily MD: Sound Medicine: Western medicine meets complementary and alternative medicine to facilitate deep relaxation, sleep and pain management. JCIM (Journal of Comprehensive Integrative Medicine) Volume 1, No2 p59-64, January 2016.
- Shealy, C.N. and Sorin, S. (2016) Pulsed Electromagnetic Field Therapy: Innovative Treatment for Diabetic Neuropathy. Practical Pain Management Vol. 16, Issue 3, 53-57.
- Sergey Sorin, MD, DABFM: Nutritional Deficiencies and Disease. Journal of Green County Medical Society, Volume 75, No 8, August 2016, pages 7-8, 24.
- Sergey Sorin, MD, DABFM: Sound Medicine Facilitates Deep Relaxation, Sleep and Pain Management. Journal of Green County Medical Society, Volume 75, No 8, August 2016, pages 11, 13.
- Sorin, DE Stein, RV Weber, J Darvishzadeh, J Scholes, JS Stern, and JG Kral. (Dept. of Surgery, SUNY HSCB, NY 11203): “Obesity, not high fat diet promotes colon cancer in rats.” Obesity Research Vol. 5 suppl. 1 Nov 1997 81s
- Norman Shealy, MD, PhD, Sergey Sorin, MD, Amber Abernathy PhD, Paul Thomlinson PhD: Health Enhancement and Stress Reduction with Scalar Therapy. International Journal of Holistic Medicine, February 2018.
- Norman Shealy, MD, PhD, J Joseph Prendergrast MD, Paul Thomlinson PhD, Sergey Sorin MD: Vitamin D3 and Enhanced Growth of the Adult Penis. International Journal of Holistic Medicine, February 2018.
Ongoing Research Projects:
- Diabetic Autoimmune study with Autoimmune X.
- Effect of Chakra Sweep PEMF on DHEA.
- Effect of Epitelon on DHEA
- Effect of Saphire Enhanced Scalar on Telomere Rejuvination.
- The Effect of Consciousness on Health, Happiness and Longevity.