C. Norman Shealy, M.D., Ph.D.
C. Norman Shealy, M.D., Ph.D., D. Sc., FACS, DABNS is President of Shealy -Sorin Wellness and Holos Energy Medicine Education. He created the concept of Holistic Medicine in 1971 with the introduction of spinal cord stimulation and TENS. He is editor of Journal of Comprehensive Integrative Medicine. He was founding President of the American Holistic Medical Association in 1978. He has 14 patents in Energy Medicine, has published 36 books and over 350 articles. Dr. Shealy’s innovations include Electro-acupuncture, Spinal Cord Stimulation, Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation (TENS), the RejuvaMatrix ® for rejuvenating telomeres, and Transcutaneous Acupuncture, which also rejuvenates telomeres; Chakra Sweep Gamma PEMF for stress reduction and opioid addiction, Sapphire Enhanced Scalar for remarkable biochemical reduction in stress. and Biogenics Retraining of the Nervous System based on his PhD in Humanistic Psychology.
His clinical work includes comprehensive holistic management of pain, depression, anxiety, and chronic disease. His latest book is CONVERSATIONS WITH G: A physician’s encounter with heaven.
As of 2019, Dr. Shealy is still active in clinical work, research, writing, education and is a highly sought after keynote speaker at a number of National and International Conferences. He is also the recipient of a number of lifetime achievement awards in the fields of Medicine, Holism, Wellness, Innovation and Education and advancement in Science and Humanitarian aspects.
His other contributions include:
- Winner of first Harold G. Wolff award for excellence in pain research
- Biogenics®, a ”software” system for biofeedback training and self-regulation
- Facet rhizotomy, a safe technique for management of back pain
- Medical Intuition as a diagnostic tool
- Trained several notable Medical Intuitives, including Caroline M. Myss
- Cranial Electrical Stimulation for control of depression
- Founder and first President of American Holistic Medical Association
- Founded the Ambrose and Olga Worrall Institute for Spiritual Healing
- Founded Holos Institutes of Health, Inc., a 502-C-3 organization for research and education
- Developed the concept of neurochemical profiling as critical diagnostic systems for depression
- Developed the Shealy RelaxMate™, the most successful adjunct for relaxation
- Discovered 4 unique natural techniques for rejuvenating the body’s ability to make DHEA, the most critical hormone for determining health
- Developed an advanced computerized traction table for treatment of headache and back pain
- Demonstrated that transdermal application of magnesium is much more effective than oral supplementation
- Developed the TENS™, accepted by the FDA for treatment of pain
- Co-Founded with Caroline Myss the American Board for Scientific Medical Intuition
- Founder of Holos University Graduate University and former President, a graduate school, accredited by New Thought Accreditation Commission, offering doctoral degrees in spiritual healing and Energy Medicine
- Has 11 United States patents
- Holistic Person of the Year, 1985, AHMA
- Stress Award, 1997, American Institute of Stress
- Elmer and Alyce Green Award, 1998, ISSSEEM
- Pearl Award, 2000, Bio-Medical Synergistics Education Institute
- Founding Diplomate, American Board of Holistic Medicine, 2000
- Spurgeon English Humanitarian Award, 2002, Temple University
- Senior Fellow Emeritus, 2003, Biofeedback Certification Institute of America
- Professor Emeritus of Energy Medicine, Greenwich University
- Has over 350 publications including 36 books including Living Bliss, 30 Days to Self-Health, and Conversations with G: a Physician’s Encounter with Heaven.
- His first major public book, 90 Days to Self-Health sold 130,000 copies.
He has appeared on numerous national TV programs, including The Tomorrow Show, The Joan Rivers program, Geraldo, Good Morning, America, the Today Show, Oprah, the Wisdom Channel, and scores of regional and local television and radio programs. He has had for 20 years the most popular call-in radio show in the Ozarks on KWTO, 560 AM. He publishes a free weekly e-newsletter.
Since 1971 he has lectured worldwide at hundreds of medical schools, universities, hospitals and churches, with up to 100 appearances each year.